ODASIS encourages its students to participate in summer programs in order to maximize their undergraduate potential. These programs consist of research performed in a laboratory as well as in medical schools. During the medical school research experience, students have the opportunity to work side-by-side with medical school students and faculty. These opportunities afford students the ability to network with health care professionals, obtain experiences to strengthen their background, and acquire competitive letters of recommendation.
Summer programs include but are not limited to:
- Biomedical Careers Program (BCP)
- Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP)
- The Northeast Regional Alliance (NERA) MedPrep Scholars Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- The Continuing Umbrella for Research Experience (CURE) program
- The Research in Science and Engineering (RISE) program
- The Aresty Research Center for Undergraduates
- Summer Undergraduate Minority Research Program (SUMR)
- Undergraduate Research Associates Program (URAP)
Cooper Hospital PULSE Program Participants
Email from ODASIS Student
Good evening Dr. Khan,
I want to thank you for informing me about the PULSE program at Cooper Hospital. Before hearing about this program I wasn't sure what I would be doing this summer, but thankfully I got in to this program and an internship at the New Jersey Women's AIDS Network. The PULSE program just ended on Friday the 22nd and I am truly grateful for the experience. It was by far the best summer program I have ever participated in. Thank you again!
I have also attached pictures from the program activities.