The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) is a free (full tuition, housing, and meals provided) six-week summer medical and dental school preparatory program that offers eligible students intensive and personalized medical and dental school preparation. SHPEP focuses on students in the first two years of their college education because it is the experience of other programs that this is when students derive the most benefit.
The program offerings include:
- Academic enrichment in the basic sciences (precalculus/calculus, biology, physics, organic chemistry, etc.) and key elective courses (writing, oral presentations, current topics in health, etc.)
- Learning skills seminars, including study skills and methods of individual and group learning
- Limited clinical exposure through small-group clinical rotations and full-group clinician seminars
- Career development, including the exploration of the medical and dental professions and an individualized education plan to identify other appropriate summer experiences
- A financial-planning workshop
For more information, please visit the Summer Health Professions Education Program website.